19 April 2007

Go away, Winter!

I'm ready to be done with this miserable weather. The calendar says spring, but out the window it's not. The temperatures we've been seeing this month are typical for late February / early March. Plus, it's been so grey & gloomy. Spring is stuck in the briars (or as Keegan calls them, the "prickers") & can't seem to come out.
I want to be in the garden.... It's been so long, I almost look forward to weeding -- but not quite.
I looked at the photos of my newest garden this morning, to remind myself that warmth & sun will come. I layed this out in fall of 2005, it got going last spring, & this is a photo from late August. There's still lots of work to do, but it's a good start.


The fountain was a birthday present. I can't wait to get it running again, & eat dinner in the solarium, listening to that water fall.... Hopefully this weekend -- Saturday's forecast: 72 & sunny. It's about time.

No comments: